Get Your Testosterone Checked for Only $9
Simply submit your info here to start the process.
What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is the predominant male hormone and is responsible for the normal growth and development of the male sex organs, bone density, muscle mass, and is essential for health and well-being in men, Testosterone is produced in the testes, the reproductive glands that also produce sperm.
What are “Normal Levels” of Testosterone?
In healthy men, testosterone levels between 350 ng/dL and 1,000 ng/dL are referred to as normal. Normal physiology allows the brain and the testes to work together to keep testosterone in this range.
What is Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
Testosterone Replacement Therapy is the practice of diagnosing a person with low levels of testosterone and treating with injections, gels, patches, surgically implanted pellets or through oral applications. At our clinic, we use injection therapy to treat low testosterone in eligible patients.
What are the benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy vary based upon the pre-therapy symptoms and other factors, but can include:
- Increased energy
- Decreased irritability and depression
- Improved muscle mass and strength
- Improved sexual desire
- Improved visuospatial cognitive function and verbal memory
- Higher motivation
- Decreased body fat (optimal results received through accompaniment of a diligent diet and exercise regimen)
- Possible improvement in erectile function
How do you determine if I have low testosterone?
To determine testosterone levels, our team will perform a simple blood test, the results of which you will know within a few days. If your total or free testosterone are not within the normal range, you may be a candidate for treatment. Determining whether a patient is the right candidate for testosterone therapy is evaluated on a case by case basis by the medical professionals in conference with the patient.
What are the risks of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)?
Although rare, there are some risks with Testosterone ReplacementTherapy (TRT). Some patients could experience the following side effects:
- TRT increases the volume of your prostate gland.
- Infertility – This is common particularly in young men, but usually reversible after stopping TRT.
- Sleep Apnea – This is a condition that disrupts breathing during sleep.
- Fluid Retention – Although uncommon, you must use caution if you have a history of heart failure or kidney disease.
- Acne, oily skin, increased body hair and flushing have also been reported.
- Increased blood pressure.
What are the advantages of testosterone injections versus other replacement methods such as patches or gels?
The proper method of testosterone delivery for you is a matter for your physician to determine; however, many find that some gels tend to be messy and less convenient than other treatment modalities.
If I don’t treat my low testosterone what will happen?
Your testosterone levels will likely continue to decline over time and the severity of your symptoms will most likely continue to increase.
How does the process work for a typical patient?
The team at Regenerative & Sports Medicine offers a quick and easy way to diagnose and treat low testosterone. Talk with our team to start an initial consultation and simple blood test. If the results indicate low testosterone levels, we will discuss your individual treatment options.